Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you click on the link and make a purchase.
These Strawberry and Cream Cookies have such a strong strawberry flavor with a sweet hint from white chocolate. Chewy, soft, delicious and easy to make!
These cookies are SO good and so tasty. We can’t go and put real fresh strawberries and cookies because then they’ll be all soggy and gross. That’s where freeze-dried strawberries come into play. They are delicious and pack a huge strawberry flavor punch. And the “cream” comes from the white chocolate.
I used to give white chocolate some major side-eye but now I’m warming up to it, trying to like it. I think context is everything and in these cookies, the white chocolate is good. In other things…meh. We’ll see.
Ingredients for Strawberry and Cream Cookies
- All-purpose flour. Pretty standard flour that will yield a chewy, sturdy cookie
- Baking powder and baking soda. These cookies have both baking powder and baking soda. Baking powder makes gives them a nice lift and baking soda gives them color and spreads.
- Kosher salt. Of course, you need salt to balance the sweet.
- Butter. These cookies use melted butter which makes them easy to whip up at a moments notice.
- Brown sugar. Gives these cookies a nice chewy quality.
- Granulated sugar. The granulated sugar gives these cookies moistness, allows them to spread and contributes to their chewy texture.
- Eggs. These give these cookies a bit of height and binds all of the ingredients together.
- Freeze Dried Strawberries. I LOVE baking with freeze dried strawberries. They have a super potent strawberry flavor and are so easy to incorporate in all sorts of baked goods.
- White Chocolate Chips. This type of chocolate is sweet, mellow and compliments the strawberries and cookies in a super lovely way.
How to Make Strawberry and Cream Cookies
- Whisk the dry ingredients together. We have the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir the melted butter and sugars together.
- And then add the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in the chopped up freeze dried strawberries and white chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough for 1 hour.
- Scoop out the cookie dough and bake!
- Serve them with milk.
If you’re looking to freeze these Strawberry and Cream Cookies, I wrote a whole post about How to Freeze Cookie Dough!
Hope you find that helpful AND if you make these cookies, let me know on Instagram!
Strawberry and Cream Cookies
- 1 baking sheet
- 1 cookie scoop
- 1 Electric Stand-Up Mixer
- 1 stainless steel bowl
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, (we're going to melt it so any temperature is fine)
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried strawberries, crushed or finely chopped
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- In medium saucepan, set over low heat, melt the butter. Remove from the heat and whisk in the sugar. Next add the eggs and vanilla. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Lastly, fold in the freeze-dried strawberries and white chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap or a towel and transfer to the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Scoop out 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and roll them between your palms; place them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet spacing them 3 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 min, until lightly golden brown. Repeat with the remaining cookie dough. These are best eaten warm with milk.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.