I am back from my honeymoon!! YAY! I am so excited to share some photos with you all soon. Japan was incredible. Hawaii was fun. But like whenever I am coming home, I’m happy to be home. I have a broken computer still—the saga seems to be never-ending—but it should be fixed by the end of the week. I rented a laptop for the week from some place in Hollywood and I feel like a new woman with this computer. I can do anything!
Since I wasn’t able to post while I was gone—even tho I shot a bunch of content so this blog here wouldn’t go dark—I have a bunch of stuff that I want to share. Like a ton of recipes that are gonna come at you very quickly!
The first up are these cookies. They are SO good and so tasty. We can’t go and put real fresh strawberries and cookies because then they’ll be all soggy and gross. That’s where freeze-dried strawberries come into play. They are delicious and pack a huge strawberry flavor punch. The “cream” comes from the white chocolate.
I used to give white chocolate some major side-eye but now I’m warming up to it, trying to like it. I think context is everything and in these cookies, the white chocolate is good. In other things…meh. We’ll see.
I feel like I’m so out of it right now, trying to play catch up. Like are we in full blown summer mode. Are we bbq-ing yet? I haven’t been invited to one yet. The past month has been a blur but it’s been so much fun. Can’t wait to share more soon!
Strawberry + Cream CookiesPrint
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried strawberries, crushed or finely chopped
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- In medium saucepan, set over low heat, melt the butter. Remove from the heat and whisk in the sugar. Next add the eggs and vanilla. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Lastly, fold in the freeze-dried strawberries and white chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap or a towel and transfer to the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Scoop out 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and roll them between your palms; place them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet spacing them 3 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 min, until lightly golden brown. Repeat with the remaining cookie dough. These are best eaten warm with milk.