These Frozen Daiquiris are the perfect answer to a hot summer day or need for a vacation. No pre-made mixes, just a refreshing from scratch drink with all the tropical vibes.
What’s in a frozen daiquiri?
A classic Daiquiri has just rum, citrus juice, and simple syrup. However, when we need to make it a frozen daiquiri we add ice and fruit to make a thicker drink. Mine has pineapple but you could use strawberries or bananas in place of that to switch up the flavors!
How to make frozen daiquiris:
- Make the simple syrup. Dissolve the sugar in hot water and let cool to room temperature.
- Prepare the pineapples. Slice off the top and carefully carve out the fruit inside, leaving a vessel to sip out of.
- Blend it up! Add the pineapple along with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Serve. Pour the frozen daiquiri back into the pineapple and serve with a tiny umbrella to feel the tropical vibes a little more.
Absolutely! If you don’t like rum or don’t want to use the alcohol you can just use water or pineapple juice in place of the rum. If you wanted a little bit of rum flavor in there you can just add 1/4 teaspoon of rum extract to the blender.
Tips and Tricks:
- The traditional daiquiri uses light rum, however, you can use a light rum, dark rum, or flavored rum! Any will work, use whichever one you prefer.
- If you don’t like pineapple use fresh strawberries or bananas in their place for frozen strawberry daiquiries and frozen banana daiquiries.
Frozen Pineapple Daiquiri Recipe
- 1/4 cup pure cane sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 pineapples, pulp scooped out (about 2 cups)
- 6 to 7 ice cubes
- 3 ounces white rum or cachaca
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- To make simple syrup, add 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of water to a small saucepan placed over medium heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and set aside.
- Scooping and cutting the pulp out of the pineapple is a lil' challenging---it takes some jiggering. Slice off the tops of the pineapple and set them aside (you might want them to top the drinks or for garnish). Run a paring knife in a circle, around the inside of the pineapple. Make a few slices across the middle and wiggle the first piece out. After that you can do a combo of slicing and scooping--it gets easier. Transfer the flesh of the pineapple to a blender, along with the simple syrup you just made, ice cubes, rum and juice from 2 limes. Pulse until smooth and frothy, about 1 minute. Next, pour in the cream of coconut and add a bit more ice if needed.
- Give it a taste and adjust the sugar or ice situation accordingly. Pour the frozen daiquiris back into the pineapples and serve with a few lemon wedges and some straws. Don't forget the straws!
If you make these frozen daiquiris let me know on instagram!
Looking for more drink recipes? Here are some of my favorite: