These Frozen Daiquiris are the perfect answer to a hot summer day or need for a vacation. No pre-made mixes, just a refreshing from scratch drink with all the tropical vibes. I love making these with fresh pineapple, but this recipe gives directions on how to make frozen strawberry daiquiris and frozen banana daiquiris, too!
What’s in a frozen daiquiri?
A classic Daiquiri has just rum, citrus juice, and simple syrup. However, when we need to make it a frozen daiquiri we add ice and fruit to make a thicker drink. Mine has pineapple but you could use strawberries or bananas in place of that to switch up the flavors!
How to Make Frozen Daiquiris
- Make the simple syrup. Dissolve the sugar in hot water and let cool to room temperature.
- Prepare the pineapples. Slice off the top and the sides. Dice up the fruit into cubes.
- Freeze the fruit. Transfer the pineapple to the freezer for 2 to 3 hours, until frozen.
- Blend it up! Add the pineapple along with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Serve. Pour the frozen daiquiri into cold glasses and serve with straws and umbrellas–very festive!
Can Make These without Alcohol?
Absolutely! If you don’t like rum or don’t want to use the alcohol you can just use water or pineapple juice in place of the rum. If you wanted a little bit of rum flavor in there you can just add 1/4 teaspoon of rum extract to the blender.
Tips and Tricks:
- The traditional daiquiri uses light rum, however, you can use a light rum, dark rum, or flavored rum! Any will work, use whichever one you prefer.
- If you don’t like pineapple use fresh strawberries or bananas in their place for strawberry daiquiris and banana daiquiris.
If you make these frozen daiquiris let me know on Instagram!
Looking for more drink recipes? Here are some of my favorite:
Frozen Daiquiri Recipe
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 pineapple (about 4 cups diced pineapple)
- 4-5 ounces white or dark rum
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
To Make Simple Syrup:
- Add sugar, water and pinch of salt to a small saucepan placed over medium heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and set aside.
To Prep the Pineapple:
- Cut off the top of the pineapple and sides. Dice up the pineapple and place it on a cutting board or baking sheet. Transfer to the freezer to chill for 2 to 3 hours. Or place in a freezer-safe container for up to 6 months.
To Make the Daiquiri:
- Measure out 4 cups of frozen pineapple. Depending on the size of your pineapple, you might have extra.
- Add the frozen pineapple, simple syrup, coconut milk and rum to a blender. Pulse until smooth. If you like it thicker, feel free to add more pineapple or ice.
- Give it a taste and adjust the alcohol accordingly. Divide the frozen daiquiris amongst glasses. Serve with straws and an umbrella.