Is it Bad to Fry Eggs in Olive Oil?
How to Make Olive Oil Fried Eggs?
- Add two to three tablespoons of olive oil to a non-stick skillet.
- I like to crack eggs into a medium bowl.
- And then when the oil is hot, add the eggs to the hot oil.
- Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes until the whites turn solid.
- Using a spoon, tilt the pan, and spoon olive oil and over the egg whites. This will cook them a bit further.
- Depending on how you like your eggs, cook them a bit more if you want more firm whites and yolk. I like them over easy so I pull them at this point.
- Sprinkle the eggs with a few pinches of salt.
Olive Oil Fried Eggs Recipe
- Olive oil
- 1 large bunch of kale leaves removed from stems and chopped
- 1 garlic clove peeled and diced
- 2 green onions trimmed and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Juice from 1/4 lemon
Olive Oil-Fried Eggs:
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 dollop of harissa for garnish on the side
- Toast for serving
To Make the Kale:
- In a medium pan or pot, set over medium heat, add few teaspoons of olive oil. When warm, add the kale, garlic, green onions, crushed red pepper and a few pinches of salt. Give it a stir and cook until wilted, about 3 to 5 minutes. Continue cooking until softened. Give it a taste and adjust the salt to your liking. Turn the flame to very low and cover the pan or pot.
To Make the Olive Oil-Fried Eggs
- In a small skillet (I used a non-stick), set over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Crack the first egg into a small bowl (I find it easier to add it to the pan this way). When the oil is hot, slowly pour the egg into the pan. Fry the egg for about 2 to 3 minutes, until the egg white edges are lacy and crispy and the egg yolks has set. Gently transfer to a bed of paper towels and repeat with the second egg.
- Divide the kale amongst the two plates and top with the fried eggs. Garnish with the dollop of harissa and add toast to plates.
If you make these Olive Oil Fried Eggs, let me know on Instagram!
Looking for more egg breakfast recipes?
Egg Salad with Sun Dried Tomatoes
Leave a Reply