Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you click on the link and make a purchase.
Acaí Bowls are a great thing to learn how to make at home. Full of antioxidants, fiber and fruit, these acaí bowls are the perfect way to start your day. This Brazilian berry is full of good-for-you nutrients.
Ingredients You’ll Need for Acaí Bowls
- Milk of choice – I used almond milk but feel free to use what you like.
- Acaí packs – You can find these in your frozen department at your grocery store.
- Fruit – We want lots of toppings so I say add more fun berries on top.
- Nuts – You can top it with nuts or granola for some added texture.
For the rest of the ingredients, please see the recipe index card below!
Where does Acaí Come From?
Acaí is a berry that hails from Brazil. It’s about an inch-long and is a deep purple color. It derives from the acaí palm tree which is native to Central and South America, but most commonly found in Brazil.
What to top acaí bowls with:
Top these with everything your heart desires. I topped mine with a lot:
- chia seeds
- and bee pollen.
Honestly the more stuff, the better. The different textures and fruit make it so much more tasty than just plain ol’ acaí.
How to Make Acaí Bowls at Home:
- First, Blend! The base of acaí bowls is really so easy, just blend a pack of acaí in a blender with either almond milk or coconut water to help smooth it out to the right consistency.
- Then, Scoop! After it’s been blended just scoop out the acaí into bowls or coconut halves.
- Top! Top the bowls with whatever your heart desires.
Thickness. You really want to add as minimal of milk/liquid as possible to get a nice thick texture. Using the blenders tapper really helps get the blade to mix up the acai packets without having to add too much liquid.
You don’t HAVE to eat these in coconuts. Of course, that’s what makes them so dang pretty. If you’re not that tropical and have never opened a coconut before, it’s super easy, just follow the directions in this video.
You can find it at most grocery stores. The acaí packs that I really like are made by Sambazon, straight from the Brazilian amazon.
The thing that made them really good was the texture of the acai. It shouldn’t be super soupy; it should be on the thicker side. Kind of like a wonderfully textured smoothie. You want it thiccck!
If you tried this Acaí Bowl Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
Acaí Bowl Recipe
- 3 coconuts, halved (see link above on how to open)
- 1/4 cup coconut water from the coconuts OR 1/4 cup almond milk
- 4 acaí packs
- 2 bananas, peeled
- Bee pollen
- Pistachio seeds
- Chia seeds
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Quartered figs
- Sliced peaches
- Edible flowers
- To a blender (preferably a super high-powered one like a Vitamix or Ninja), add the coconut water or almond milk. Add the acaí and bananas. Pulse until smooth. You may need to stop the blender and scrap down the sides. If needed, add a splash or two of coconut water or almond milk.
- Scoop (I used an ice cream scoop) the mixture into the coconut halves, if using. Top with a variety of fruit, toppings, nuts…whatever you’re into or have in the pantry.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.