This weekend I’m headed to, like, four or five holiday parties, which is crazy amazing. Thank you, friends, for inviting me! I’m usually super low-key in the month of December. It’s often a time for me to chill with Amelia with fluffy socks in bed but I have to say, I’m super excited!
The next week is a whirlwind while I tie some loose-end-of-year ends, get my holiday shopping done and prep for some traveling.
During this holiday season, I like super simple little meals and snacks. This is as simple as can be: three main ingredients, complementing flavors and it comes together very quickly!
For this post, I teamed up with Ozery Bakery. If you’re unfamiliar with their bread, then you’re in for a delicious surprise. I keep their whole wheat buns in the freezer, and whenever I need one, whether it be for a grilled cheese like this or some bread in the morning for avocado toast, I just remove one from the freezer and warm it up—super easy.
The cranberry sauce is flavorful and classic. And the cheese is a combination of a bit of mozzarella and camembert. If you like, you can use brie cheese.
These buns crisp up so well in a bit of butter. One thing I think is super important in this very simple grilled cheese is the mustard.
For the longest time, I wasn’t a mustard fan but eventually I warmed up to it because I love the brininess. And I love how it strangely works with the cranberry.
If you’re looking for a super chill vibes snack, then this is it!
Brie and Cranberry SandwichPrint
- 2 Ozery Bakery One Bun Multi-Grain Buns, halved
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon or yellow mustard
- 4 ounces camembert or brie cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 batch of cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Halve the Ozery Bakery buns and smear one side with mustard. To the other half, add the slices of camembert or brie cheese, along with the mozzarella and a spoonful of cranberry. Place the other half of bread on top.
- In a medium skillet, set over medium heat, add the butter. When melted, add the grilled cheeses and cover with a lid. Cook on each side for about 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown and the cheese is nice and melty. Slice and serve.
(This post is sponsored by Ozery Bakery. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that keep A Cozy Kitchen cozy.)