Melty Camembert and Cranberry Grilled Cheese
Dec 16, 2017, Updated Jan 04, 2019
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you click on the link and make a purchase.
This weekend I’m headed to, like, four or five holiday parties, which is crazy amazing. Thank you, friends, for inviting me! I’m usually super low-key in the month of December. It’s often a time for me to chill with Amelia with fluffy socks in bed but I have to say, I’m super excited!
The next week is a whirlwind while I tie some loose-end-of-year ends, get my holiday shopping done and prep for some traveling.
During this holiday season, I like super simple little meals and snacks. This is as simple as can be: three main ingredients, complementing flavors and it comes together very quickly!
For this post, I teamed up with Ozery Bakery. If you’re unfamiliar with their bread, then you’re in for a delicious surprise. I keep their whole wheat buns in the freezer, and whenever I need one, whether it be for a grilled cheese like this or some bread in the morning for avocado toast, I just remove one from the freezer and warm it up—super easy.
The cranberry sauce is flavorful and classic. And the cheese is a combination of a bit of mozzarella and camembert. If you like, you can use brie cheese.
These buns crisp up so well in a bit of butter. One thing I think is super important in this very simple grilled cheese is the mustard.
For the longest time, I wasn’t a mustard fan but eventually I warmed up to it because I love the brininess. And I love how it strangely works with the cranberry.
If you’re looking for a super chill vibes snack, then this is it!
Brie and Cranberry Sandwich
- 2 Ozery Bakery One Bun Multi-Grain Buns, halved
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon or yellow mustard
- 4 ounces camembert or brie cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 batch of cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Halve the Ozery Bakery buns and smear one side with mustard. To the other half, add the slices of camembert or brie cheese, along with the mozzarella and a spoonful of cranberry. Place the other half of bread on top.
- In a medium skillet, set over medium heat, add the butter. When melted, add the grilled cheeses and cover with a lid. Cook on each side for about 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown and the cheese is nice and melty. Slice and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
(This post is sponsored by Ozery Bakery. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that keep A Cozy Kitchen cozy.)