Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you click on the link and make a purchase.
As the leaves turn golden and the air fills with the crispness of autumn, the kitchen becomes a haven for warm, comforting desserts. Among these seasonal delights, the Brown Butter Pear Apple Crumble stands out as a heartwarming treat, combining the classic flavors of fall fruits with the nutty richness of burnt butter.
Burnt Butter Fruit Crumble Dessert: A Cozy Delight
Imagine a dessert that perfectly encapsulates the essence of fall. The Brown Butter Pear and Apple Crumble is just that—a delightful mixture of tender pears and apples, their sweetness enhanced by the depth of burnt butter, all topped with a crunchy, buttery crumble.
Tricks & Tips
- Perfect Pear and Apple Ratio: Use equal parts pear and apple for a balanced flavor and texture.
- Browned Butter Magic: The key to this recipe is the browned butter – it adds a rich, nutty flavor that’s irresistible.
- Crumble Topping Creativity: Feel free to add nuts or oats to your crumble topping for extra crunch and flavor.
- Spice It Up: A pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg in the fruit mixture can enhance the fall flavors.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for added indulgence.
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with other seasonal fruits like figs or blackberries. If you use berries, just be sure to combine a tablespoon of cornstarch with the mix so that it thickens properly.
Cook the butter until it’s a deep golden brown, but be careful not to let it burn.
Yes, simply use your preferred gluten-free flour for the crumble topping.
You can assemble the crumble ahead and bake it just before serving for the best texture.
Yes, it freezes well. Just reheat in the oven to serve.
If you tried this Burnt Butter Pear Apple Crumble Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
Burnt Butter Pear + Apple Crumble
- 3 to 4 baking pears, cored and diced
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2- inch knob of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup oat flakes
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, 1 stick, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a 8 x 8-inch baking dish (or something equivalent), add the pears, apples, white sugar, brown sugar, all-purpose flour, minced fresh ginger, vanilla extract and salt. Toss until pears are thoroughly coated. Set aside.
- To a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, brown sugar, oat flakes and chopped walnuts.
- In a small saucepan, set over medium-high heat, add the cubed butter. Brown the butter until it goes from yellow and bubbling to a very, very dark brown color. It might appear burnt and it is, but not to worry, it’ll taste delicious. Pour the burnt butter into the medium bowl that’s holding the flour and oat mixture. Using a spoon, mix the mixture until clumpy and everything is coated in butter. Pour the crumble atop the filling and spread it out evenly. Transfer it to the oven to bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the crumble is bubbling and the top is golden brown.
- I’m not a super bossy person, but you must, you MUST eat this crumble warm with a scoop of cold vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.