I feel like baked brie is kinda basic bitch-ish. It’s not all that revelatory. It’s nothing new. But I feel like this version–while not groundbreaking–is SO good.
This thing also gets more points because it’s really easy to throw together. It takes like five minutes to assemble and like ten minutes to bake. It also doesn’t require a lot of ingredients.
And the payoff is HUGE! The soft walnuts and crunchy pistachios with the warm figs are delicious. The thyme adds a nice aroma and the honey adds some nice sweetness.
This appetizer isn’t super sweet, so if you’re in the mood for more sweetness, toss the figs in a teaspoon of brown sugar.
I served this whole thang with Bubs + Grandma bread, which is a local Los Angeles bread maker. If you live in LA, you can get it often times at farmer’s markets or at Cookbook (in Echo Park). But if not, then this would be delicious with any good bread or crackers.
Are you feeling fall vibes?! It’s been so hot lately but I’m super excited for fall to arrive.
I’m headed to Seattle today and it’s supposed to be in the 60s and I’m super pumped for cooler temperatures! YAY! Happy Weekend! xo
Melty Baked Brie with Walnuts, Honey and Figs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 wheel of brie
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios chopped
- 5 to 6 green or purple figs quartered
- 2 to 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Slices of bread or crackers for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, add a few pinches of salt to the honey and mix until combined.
- Place the wheel of brie in the center of the baking dish. Pour the nuts on top of the brie. Drizzle with the honey and top with the sliced figs and thyme sprigs.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve with crackers or slices of bread.