Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you click on the link and make a purchase.
This Iced Matcha Latte recipe is a creamy and refreshing beverage. Matcha Lattes can be made hot and cold! If you’re missing your usual iced matcha latte from Starbucks or your neighborhood coffee shop, this recipe is for you! As a result, you’ll be able to make your favorite drink at home!
In the afternoon, around 3pm, I get SUPER sleepy. I need a pick me up. And that pick me up during warmer weathered months is this: an Iced Matcha Latte.
And in the afternoon when I need a bit of a pick-me-up and know I can’t handle coffee or an espresso beverage (I’ll be up all night), a matcha latte is the perfect go-to.
What is Matcha?
Matcha powder is made up of ground up green tea leaves. Instead of brewing a cup of tea with tea leaves, this is ground up leaves that are dissolved into the warm/hot water. If you ever have the privilege of visiting Kyoto, Japan, be sure to go to a tea house and buy some beautiful matcha green tea powder for the road. The packets make great gifts.
This Matcha Iced Latte couldn’t be simpler. As a result, it’s the perfect thing to make at home!
How to Make Iced Matcha Latte
You put a few teaspoons of matcha powder in a measuring cup and add a few tablespoons of hot water.
Whisk it until the matcha has dissolved and then you pour in the remaining water and whisk some more. I transfer it to the fridge or freezer to chill for about 15 minutes.
I know the cooling part is a drag but it helps a whole lot in the end result.
After the matcha is cooled, add a ridiculous amount of ice to a glass. And then, pour the almond milk (or milk of choice) into the glass and a splash of simple syrup. Lastly, pour in the matcha. As a result, there is unbridled happiness!
I mean…this isn’t really a recipe but more of an idea of inspiration? (I hope…?)
Milk Options for an Iced Matcha Latte
- Oat milk
- Almond milk
- Whole milk
- Soy milk
If you tried this Iced Matcha Latte Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
Iced Matcha Latte Recipe
- 1 tea kettle
- 1 matcha whisk
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup warm water
- Milk of choice, (I used almond milk)
- In a measuring cup or bowl, add the matcha powder. Pour in the 1 to 2 tablespoons of hot water and whisk until the matcha has fully incorporated into the water. This should create almost a bit of a paste.
- Pour in the remaining 1 cup of water and mix. Transfer to the fridge or freezer to chill for about 15 minutes.
- Fill two glasses full of ice and add your milk of choice so the glass is about 3/4 of the way full. If you like, this is a great time to add any simple syrup. Lastly, pour in the chilled matcha and stir.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.