This Sheet Pan Harissa Chicken with Chickpeas and Eggplant is a great healthy weeknight dinner. It comes together easily and packs a lot of flavor with very little effort making it a great upgrade to the usual sheet pan chicken dinner.
Thanksgiving was a total success. This site crashed because so many of you made things—thank you! And sorry for any problems the blog gave you. I was on cloud nine on Thanksgiving because all of you were sharing pies and macaroni and cheese and so many other delicious things that you made from this blog. It made me so grateful for this space—I love what we have here so very much.
We had a quiet Thanksgiving. I made mashed potatoes, veggie stuffing, some gravy and Josh made a turkey porchetta. We invited some friends over and it was chill vibes! Even though it seemed super lax, the next day I was so exhausted; I fell asleep at 7pm. Phew. Cooking and cleaning and hosting is a lot of work, I always forget. One of them is doable. But all three at the same time!! LAWD.
Anyway, we’re back and the home stretch is near. I figured we’d get back into things with a super chill recipe that is literally the easiest thing to make ever. And it’s on the healthier side because we probably could all use something that makes us feel good.
The harissa chicken is SO good. Everything on this sheet pan is so tasty and light. I love the chickpeas with the eggplant and the spiciness makes you want to keep eating it over and over.
Baking recipes to come…but for now, this!
How to Make Sheet Pan Harissa Chicken:
- Make the harissa sauce. This is all the flavor! Whisk together the harissa paste, lime juice, olive oil, and salt.
- Season the vegetables. Toss the vegetables with half the sauce to make sure they have flavor. Spread out evenly on the baking sheet.
- Add the chicken. Place the chicken evenly over the vegetables and season with salt then coat with the rest of the sauce.
- Roast! Roast until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
Tips and Tricks:
- To make this an even easier dinner, prep the vegetables the morning of along with the sauce so all you have to do for dinner is assemble and bake!
- I used a mix of drumsticks and thighs but feel free to use all thighs for sheet pan chicken thighs.
Sheet Pan Harissa Chicken with Chickpeas + Eggplant Recipe
- 3 tablespoons harissa paste
- 3 tablespoons lime juice from about 2 limes, plus more slices as garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 eggplant diced
- 1/2 red onion peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken I used a mix of thighs and drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon minced cilantro as garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, add the harissa paste, lime juice, olive oil and a few pinches of salt. Whisk until combined.
- To a sheet pan, add the drained chickpeas, diced eggplant and red onion. Add half of the harissa paste mixture and mix together until everything is covered in the sauce. Smooth it out into one even layer. Arrange the chicken on top. Sprinkle the chicken with a few pinches of salt. Brush the chicken with the harissa sauce and add the any remaining sauce to the chickpeas. Also add any garnish limes to the sheet pan, if you like.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown. Divide amongst plates and garnish with some cilantro.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know on Instagram!
Looking for more easy dinner recipes? Here are some of my favorites:
Leave a Reply