Tomorrow I have a book signing at Anthropologie in Santa Monica from 2pm to 4pm. There will be cookies! After that I have to race home, change clothes into something fancier and a lot less cozy and head to my friend Teri’s wedding. Phew!
This past week has been HOT HOT in LA. And last weekend I was in Atlanta and it was hot there, too. And this past week it was v v warm in NY. I don’t know where fall is but I’ve been craving something super refreshing yet still very autumnal. For this post, I teamed up with Truly Spiked & Sparkling which is a new-to-me spiked sparkling water.
It’s like if your favorite sparkling water had a hint of blood orange flavor (their new flavor!) AND was spiked. It also is sweetened with cane sugar and not much else; the ingredients are simple!
It makes a v v good cocktail. I added a thyme syrup, pomegranate juice and a good amount of the blood orange flavor. The results were effervescent, crazy sparkling and screams fall! I loved it so much.
AND THEN! Since I love cheese, I paired it with the easiest appetizer of all time. I took a wheel of Camembert (you could also use Brie chz), topped it with a few sprigs of thyme, baked it for 15 minutes….then, drizzled it with honey and added some toasted pine nuts. That’s it. The easiest most delicious fall appetizer ever.
Blood Orange & Pomegranate Thyme Spritz
- 1/2 cup pure cane sugar
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 5 sprigs of thyme + more for garnish
- Ice for serving
- 12 ounces pomegranate juice
- 12 ounces Truly Spiked & Sparkling Sicilian Blood Orange
- In a small saucepan, set over medium heat, combine the cane sugar, water and thyme. Stir until the sugar has dissolved; bring to a simmer and then immediately turn off the heat, cover and allow to cool and steep, about 15 minutes.
- Fill up four glasses with ice. Add an ounce (2 tablespoons) of syrup to each glass. Top with about 3 ounces of pomegranate juice and then top with the Truly Spiked & Sparkling Blood Orange. Give it a light mix and then garnish with thyme sprigs.
(This post is sponsored by Truly Sparkling & Spiked. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that keep A Cozy Kitchen cozy.)