- 1 cup brown rice or white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon umeboshi vinegar optional
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ponzu
- 1 pound salmon belly or ahi tuna skin removed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1/2 jalapeño thinly sliced
- Green onions sliced
- Pickled ginger
To Make the Rice:
- To a medium saucepan, set over medium high heat, combine the rice and water and umeboshi vinegar, if using. Cover the saucepan and cook until the water has evaporated and the rice is tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
To Make the Poke:
- Add the diced or cubed fish to a bowl. Top with green onions and pour in soy sauce, ponzu, olive oil and sesame oil. Lastly, add some sesame seeds and toss together.
- To make the spicy mayo, whisk the mayonnaise and Sriracha together.
To Assemble the Bowls:
- To assemble the bowls, divide the rice amongst them and top with the remaining sauce. Add the fish, edamame, seaweed salad, pickled ginger, fan out the avocado, add some pickled ginger, edamame, seaweed salad—get creative with it. Eat immediately.