Warm Cuban Sandwich Dip
This Warm Cuban Sandwich Dip takes the flavors from a Cuban sandwich and puts them in a dip that can be enjoyed as an appetizer. Perfect for a party!
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 8 ounces swiss cheese shredded (about 2 1/2 cups), divided (some reserved to sprinkle on top)
- 10 cornichons or 3 small pickles diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 pound (1/2-inch thick) ham cubed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche (or mayo or sour cream)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cuban bread or soft roll bread sliced, for serving
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Figure out your oven-proof baking vessel. I used a round ceramic bowl that was 6-inches around. In a large bowl (or stand-up mixer with the paddle attachment), add the cream cheese, swiss cheese, cornichons or pickles, diced ham, Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, creme fruit and pepper.
Give it a mix until all of the ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Transfer to your oven-proof dish.
Bake for about 15 to 17 minutes, until warmed throughout and bubbling. It should be nice and evenly brown on top, if not feel free to transfer it to the broiler for about 2 minutes, until nice and browned on top. Serve hot with slices of Cuban bread or soft rolls.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 263mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 881IU | Calcium: 349mg | Iron: 1mg