How to Make an Edible Football Stadium
Prep Time45 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time55 mins
Servings: 1 edible football stadium
- One disposable baking tray (this could also be a casserole dish you have one)
- 2 desktop organizers (for the "stands")
- Four tall glasses (these will act as the pillars a.k.a holders for dips)
- Craft paper (to cover the glasses and make the flags)
- Two disposable mini loaf pans (these could also be bowls that you already have)
- Four skewers (for the flags)
- Toothpicks (for the goal posts)
- Guacamole for a ton of people (“recipe" being posted on Wednesday!.) This acts as the field with lines made from sour cream
- Beef jerky sticks for the goal posts
- Two types of salsa: red and hot and green and mild. Homemade or store-bought.
- Doubled onion dip
- Ranch dressing
- Carrots and celery
- Tortilla chips
- Nacho cheese
- Veggie Sandwiches (“recipe” will be posted on Friday!)
Before you begin, pick a table in your house where this will be displayed. Once it's all packed with food, it's tough to move around.
Place the disposable baking tray in the center. This will act as the field. Next, add the desktop organizers and place them on the opposite sides of the tray. These will act as the stands. Wrap the glasses in craft paper and set them at the corners of the baking tray. Place the mini loaf pans in between the pillars and in between the field and the stands. Make the flags and glue them or tape them to the skewers.
Start by filling up the football stadium with guacamole. Transfer the sour cream to a Ziplock bag and snip off the ends. Draw lines on the outside edges, replicating the lines on the field. If you like you can write ball is life, even though that is a basketball reference---who cares! Next, make the goal posts by cutting the beef jerky into 4 pieces and attaching them with toothpicks (see above photo for reference).
Add the salsas, onion dip and ranch dressing to the pillars. Add the carrots, celery, chips and tortilla chips to the stands. Heat up the nacho cheese in the loaf pans and add them to the stadium. Add the veggie sandwiches all the way around.