Panettone Chex Mix
Panettone is a classicItalian bread that’s popular around Christmas. This homemade Chex Mix isinspired by this bread; there are hints of sweet orange and lemon zest,chocolate and dried fruit.
- 5 cups Chocolate Chex
- 1 cup white chocolate melting wafers
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or other neutral oil)
- 1 vanilla bean (seeds scraped)
- Zest from 1 orange (about 2 teaspoons)
- Zest from 1 lemon (about 1 teaspoon)
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (or other dried fruit of choice)
Place a sheet of parchment onto a baking sheet and set aside. Add the Chocolate Chex to a large bowl and set it aside.
In a small saucepan filled with a few inches of water, with a glass or stainless steel bowl nestled atop, set over medium-low heat, add the white chocolate melting wafers and oil. Allow the chocolate to melt slowly and then stir it with a silicon spatula until smooth. Remove it from the heat and then add the vanilla bean seeds, zest from the orange, lemon and kosher salt; stir it until combined.
Pour the melted white chocolate mixture atop the Chocolate Chex, along with the dried cranberries. Give it a good mix until evenly coated and then immediately transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Allow to dry and set for 30 minutes.
Tips and Tricks
- This recipe moves quickly. It’s super easy but I find that you really have to do it all in one fell swoop for optimum deliciousness. Be sure to prep all of your ingredients.
- Chocolate Chex - I used the Chocolate Chex to give this mix a chocolate component. But I bet Rice Chex, Cinnamon or Whole Wheat would be delicious, too.
Serving: 8g | Calories: 40kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Iron: 1mg