Grilled Grass-fed Lamb Chops with Chimichurri
Juicy grilled lamb chops drizzled with chimichurri and blistered tomatoes are the ideal summer dinner. These grass-fed lamb chops are from New Zealand.
- 2 cups Italian parsley leaves minced
- 1/2 shallot peeled and minced OR 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove peeled and grated
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Grass-fed Lamb Rib Chops:
- 2 1/2 pounds New Zealand Grass-fed Lamb Rib Chops
- Kosher salt
- Fresh tomatoes on the vine
To Make the Chimichurri:
In a medium bowl, mix together the minced Italian parsley, shallot, red wine vinegar, garlic, a pinch of kosher salt, crushed red pepper and olive oil. Give it a taste and adjust the salt to taste (I added a pinch or two more). You can prepare this up to 1 day in advance.
To Cook the Grass-fed Lamb Rib Chops:
Bring the lamb rib chops to room temperature. I like to leave them on my kitchen counter for about 30 minutes. Sprinkle both sides with kosher salt.
Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Rub the grates with neutral oil. After a minute or so, put the rib chops on the grill and cook on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the center reads 145° F (for medium-well).
Remove from the grill and set aside to rest. Toss the tomatoes with a teaspoon or two of olive oil and a sprinkling of kosher salt. Add the tomatoes to the hot grill. Cook until blistered and slightly softened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove.
Tips and Tricks
- Can I make the chimichurri ahead? Yes! You can make it up to a day ahead. Just note that it won’t be as beautifully bright green but it will still be super delicious.
- Be sure to preheat your grill. This step is the most important. Grilling lamb chops might be the easiest thing you’ve ever grilled. They take minimal time if the grill is preheated correctly.
Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 26g | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 184mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2564IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 2mg