Lemon Crinkle Cookies
These lemon crinkle cookies are like a ray of delicious sunshine on a cloudy day. They're fluffy, cake-y and are easy and quick to make.
- 1 3/4 all-purpose flour (210g)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- Zest from three lemons
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup neutral oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 drops yellow food coloring gel
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar sifted
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand-up mixer (or with an electric hand mixer), combine the sugar, lemon zest, butter, oil & vanilla extract. Beat until very smooth & fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in 2-3 drops of food coloring gel & mix again. Add the eggs and beat once more. Pour in the dry ingredients & combine until no flour flecks are visible. Chill the dough for 30 minutes to firm up.
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop out balls of cookie dough & roll them in the sifted powdered sugar. Be sure to really cake it on. Place 6 cookies per baking sheet and bake for 12-13 minutes, until the centers are set. They’ll puff up a bit but fall as they cool. Repeat with the coating & baking with the remaining batter.
Tips and Tricks
- If the dough is too soft, you can always stick it in the fridge for an additional 30 minutes.
- Store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 3mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 32IU | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 1mg