Pasta al Limone
Pasta al Limone is a simple summer pasta that’s creamy, bright and deliciously lemony. The combination of butter, lemon zest and juice, heavy cream and pasta water, gives you an intensely craveable pasta recipe.
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest from 2 lemons
- Juice from 2 lemons (about 1/3 cup lemon juice)
- 16 ounces pasta of choice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan-Reggiano about 2 ounces
- Handful of Italian parsley minced
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
In large skillet, set over medium heat, add the butter. When melted, add the minced garlic, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and a few pinches of salt. Turn off the heat and turn your attention to the pasta.
Meanwhile, in the pot that’s boiling, add the pasta and cook it until about 1 minute under al dente. We’re going to cook it a bit longer in the pot with the sauce.
Remove about 1 cup of pasta water. To the sauce, add the heavy cream and 1/2 cup of pasta water. Cook it on a simmer for about 3 minutes. This will thicken the sauce. Add the pasta, along with the cheese and mix vigorously for 1 minute. This will ensure an even coating of the sauce.
Plate it up and top it with a sprinkling of Italian parsley or black pepper.
Tips and Tricks:
Le Creuset Braiser | Olive Oil Dispenser | Tongs | Colander |
- The biggest key to a good pasta sauce? Pasta water. It’s like the specialty ingredient that makes every sauce THAT much better. It’s glorious.
- In this recipe, you really need the zest AND the juice. It adds such a punch of brightness to an otherwise overly fatty dish.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 32g | Cholesterol: 129mg | Sodium: 29mg | Potassium: 39mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 234IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1mg