Strawberry Margaritas Recipe
Forget your bottled mixes because the best type of margarita is one made from fresh strawberries, fresh lime juice and the most delicious tequila blanco. Salt is also a must for these Strawberry Margaritas.
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries (about 5 strawberries)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Splash of water
- Handful of ice
- 6 fluid ounces tequila
- 2 fluid ounces triple sec
- 3 fluid ounces lime juice (from about 3 limes)
To Make Strawberry Syrup:
In a small saucepan, set over medium-low heat, add the strawberries, sugar and water. Mix them up and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened. Transfer it to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Pour it through a strainer, discarding any pulp.
To Assemble the Strawberry Margarita:
Add about 2 tablespoons of kosher salt to a small plate. Rub the rims of your glasses with a used lime wedge. And then dip the rim of the glasses in the salt. Fill up the glasses with salt and set aside.
In a shaker (or in my case, a to-go mug), fill it up with a handful of ice, tequila, triple sec, fresh lime juice and about 2 ounces of strawberry syrup. Shake it up vigorously. And divide it amongst the glasses. Garnish with a strawberry or slice of lime.
Tips on Making the Best Strawberry Margarita:
Saucepan | Food Processor | Silicon Spatulas | Strainer |
- I like my margaritas ice cold! So be sure to really give it a good shake. I like to do it for at least 30 seconds.
- Fresh strawberries are always best for this cocktail but if you have frozen, those work, too! Just be sure to thaw them completely before proceeding with the recipe.
- Use good quality tequila blanco. If you want an extra bit of smokiness added, replace 2 ounces of the tequila with mezcal. Yum.
Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 52mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 6mg