Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
These easy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best! They're flaked with rolled oats, dark chocolate and a sprinkling of sea salt on top.
Servings: 24 cookies
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chocolate chunks or chips chopped (I chopped mine because they were sort of big)
- Flaky Sea Salt such as Maldon or Jacobson, as garnish
To Make the Wet Mix:
In medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Pour the butter/sugar mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Lastly, fold in chocolate chips. Stick in fridge for 1 hour to chill.
Preheat oven to 350F. Scoop out 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and roll them between your palms; place them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet spacing them 3 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 min, until they barely turn golden brown around the edges. Sprinkle with a few pinches of salt. Repeat with the remaining cookie dough. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack. These are best eaten warm with milk.
Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 103mg | Potassium: 55mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 262IU | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg