Mint Vanilla Iced Coffee Recipe
This Mint Vanilla Iced Coffee is a surprising combo of flavors. Mint and coffee might not be your first flavor pairing idea but it's very good, especially on a hot summer day.
Minty Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 liberal bunch of mint leaves plus more as garnish
- Half and half or almond milk
- 1 quart cold brew or coffee that's been brewed then chilled in the fridge
To make the Minty Simple Syrup:
1. In a medium pot, set over medium heat, add the sugar and water. Stir until the sugar has dissolved, about 1 minute. Stir in the mint leaves and heat until the water is almost to a simmer. Turn the heat off and cover, allowing to steep for about 30 minutes. Strain the simple syrup, discarding the mint leaves. Add the simple syrup to a jar or squeeze bottle.
2. Fill two glasses with ice. Add about 2 tablespoons of simple syrup to each glass. This measurement can be eyeballed and more can be added later, if you like. Pour in the cold brew and then top with the cream or almond milk. Give it a good stir and taste. Adjust the simple syrup as desired. Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 387kcal | Carbohydrates: 100g | Sodium: 7mg | Sugar: 100g