Spiced Apple Ring Pancakes
Slices of apple are dipped in a classic pancake batter and then cooked on the pan to create delicious Apple Ring Pancakes.
Prep Time15 minutes mins
Cook Time15 minutes mins
Total Time30 minutes mins
Servings: 8 TO 10 apple ring pancakes.
- Dry mix:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Wet mix:
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Gala apples cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. To a measuring cup, measure out the milk, add the egg and melted butter; beat until thoroughly combined.
2. All at once, add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined. The batter should have some small to medium lumps.
3. Preheat your skillet over medium heat and brush with 1 1/2 teaspoon of butter or a teaspoon of vegetable oil. Dip each apple slice into the pancake batter, allowing the runoff to fall back into the bowl and then placing it onto the skillet. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until small bubbles form on the surface of the batter, and then flip. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook on the opposite side for about 1 minute, or until golden brown.
4. Transfer the cooked apple rings to a baking sheet and place in a preheated 200 degree F oven to keep warm. Repeat the process with the remaining batter, adding more butter or vegetable oil to the skillet when needed. Serve with warm maple syrup and a dollop of butter.