Aji Verde - Peruvian Green Hot Sauce
Peruvian green hot sauce aka aji verde. Typically served in pollo a la brasa restaurants. Pair it with vegetables, chicken or bread.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 whole lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup good-quality mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's)
- 3 ounces queso fresco or blanco
- 2 serrano peppers ends trimmed
- 1 bunch cilantro with the leaves removed
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 green onions ends trimmed and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons huacatay paste
- 1 tablespoon aji amarillo
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
To a blender, add the lime juice, olive oil, cheese, mayonnaise, serrano peppers, cilantro leaves, garlic cloves, green onions, huacatay paste, aji amarillo and salt. Blend for about 1 to 2 minutes, until very smooth.
Give it a taste and adjust the salt according to your liking. Keeps in the fridge for up to a week.
This recipe pairs so well with chicken, fish, yucca fries and potatoes!
Serving: 12g | Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.5g | Protein: 1.4g | Fat: 19.6g | Saturated Fat: 3.2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 222mg | Potassium: 34mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 0.3g | Calcium: 80mg