Marbled Chocolate Cheesecake Pumpkin Pie
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 1 (9-inch) tart
- 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs from about 5 cookies
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese about 1/2 of a package, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of cardamom
- Pinch of cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons melted semi-sweet chocolate about 2 ounces
- Whipped cream for serving
To make the graham cracker crust:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. To a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crusts, melted butter, sugar and salt. Transfer to the tart shell and press mixture into the sides and bottom of the tart shell. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and continue with the remainder of the recipe. Keep the oven at 375 degrees F.
To make the filling:
1. To the bowl of a stand-up mixer, with the paddle attachment, add the sugar and cream cheese. Beat until very smooth and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the flour, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves, eggs and pumpkin puree. Beat one last time until smooth.
To make the chocolate swirl filling:
Scoop out 1/3 cup of the pumpkin pie filling and transfer it to a small bowl, along with the heavy cream and melted chocolate. Mix until smooth.
Pour the remaining filling into the crust and smooth out until it reaches the edges of the pie crust. Drop small dollops of the chocolate mixture onto the top of the pie. Run a knife through the dollops, creating a swirl effect. If at first it looks janky, keep going. I added more dollops as I went, too, filling in the gaps and it helped!
Transfer to the oven to bake for 15 minutes to 18 minutes, until just barely set in the center—a little wiggle is good!
Remove from the oven and allow to cool until room temperature, about 1 hour. Transfer to the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours, ideally overnight. Serve with whipped cream!