Chocolate Protein Truffles
Servings: 10 -12 truffles
- 1/2 cup natural almond butter
- 4 tablespoons whey or hemp protein powder
- 3 teaspoons raw cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds + 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds combined
- 2 tablespoons bee pollen
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
In a small to medium bowl, add the almond butter, protein powder and cocoa powder; mix until combined. Drizzle in the honey and salt; mix once more until thick.
To a few plates, spread out the black and white sesame seeds, bee pollen and coconut flakes. Take a heaping teaspoon of the almond butter mixture and form a ball with the palm of your hands; roll the ball into the toppings of choice. Repeat this until you've worked your way through all of the almond butter mixture, forming about 10 to 12 truffles. Transfer to a small cutting board or plate and transfer to the fridge to firm up a bit, about 15 minutes.