These muffins may or may not just be an excuse to use the muffin liners I bought back at the beginning of October. Their pattern looks like a bad 80s couch that probably lives at a relatives cabin. I’m VERY into them.
I’m kinda surprised I bought them because I don’t even like cupcakes. I mean, they’re a’ight, but if I had to choose, I’d just make a layer cake or something. Those are prettier anyway. But these are muffins. They’re different. I usually have an attitude with muffins that skate the line between muffin and cupcake, but we’re on vacation right now so let’s just live.
These cupcakes come together with a quickness, especially if you already have sweet potato puree in the fridge leftover from Thanksgiving. If it’s spiced with bourbon or nutmeg or cinnamon and sugar, no biggie. Throw it in. It’ll work just fine. Of course, your muffins might be a bit more spiced and bourbon-ey, but that’s actually a good thing.
1. If I never see Lena Dunham’s boobs again, I’ll be ok. We see them too much, I think.
2. The best way to procrastinate is to look through Kim Kardashian’s Instagram–pure gold!
3. I just found out there’s a corgi walk in Portland, where like hundreds of corgis go on a walk together. And it dawned on me, just as I was mentally planning a trip to Portland, that I actually can’t go…because there’s a good chance that’ll I pass out in the middle of the street from all the cuteness.
4. I’ll never get sick of putting on warm sweats straight from the dryer. Best feeling EVER!
5. Spring cleaning feels amazing. I feel lighter, cuter and quicker. I have no idea why it took me so long to get on the Spring-cleaning-bandwagon, but I did it (a little) on Saturday and loved it. I mean, I didn’t love it, but I love the results.
I put things in cute mason jars and wrote the contents’ names on the front. I must’ve spent a solid fifteen minutes just staring at them in organizational amazement. And not so surprisingly, organizing made me want to make things with the contents I forgot I had.
Spring, yo! Totally in full effect. I seriously ignored it, completely let it pass me by, until yesterday when I saw a lady walking down Santa Monica Blvd sporting a very cute set of bunny ears on the top of her head. And then, it hit me: Spring has totally sprung–it’s here! What now?!
So, I came to the (short) conclusion than what better way to embrace it than by making something that’s more resemblant of Summer. Forget Spring! (This is me attempting to be ahead of the curve, I think.) Actually, no. That’s incorrect. I think it more has to do with the fact that yesterday it was a near 80 degrees outside and I was sweating.
When I experience both of those things simultaneously, my brain immediately travels to yards where hot dogs are being grilled and people are littered everywhere drinking beer and sprinklers are going off and some random dude thinking it’s a good idea to run through them.
I did exactly none of those things yesterday. Womp womp. My way of dealing with the overcompensating weather was to make something that I would love to eat on those type of days: Corn Dogs Tots!!