This Grain-Free Dog Cake is for Amelia!
Sometimes when I look at you I wonder if a human has ever loved a dog as much as I love you. I sometimes wonder if my love can be so strong it can hurt you. And then I think about how bratty and spoiled you are and I begin to think yes. 🙁
Regardless, I have a whole lot of things to thank you for. Here’s an on-going list.
1. Thank you for sitting on my feet and keeping them warm.
2. Thank you for waking me up every.single.morning v v early. This means I never have to set an alarm and am more productive so I can make more money to buy you bones.
3. Thank you for always eating all the crumbs off the kitchen floor. Because of you, I have to sweep a whole lot less…except for your hair, which is a whole other thing.
4. Thank you for barking when we sometimes hear scary noises. Maybe you’ve scared a robber or two away, who knows.
5. Thank you for always sitting next to me when I’m crying.
6. Thank you for loving peanut butter as much as me…and bread and popcorn and tortilla chips.
7. Thank you for needing lots of walks. I’m better off now.
8. Thank you for having paws that smell like Fritos. They always remind me how much I love those chips.
9. Thank you for being so friendly with strangers. It’s a reminder that strangers are good and a person can never have too many friends.
10. Thank you for loving so freely and openly and reminding me that the smallest moments in life are the ones I should keep close.
Happy Birthday, Amelia!
Grain-Free Dog Cake Time!
This recipe is adapted from the Grain-Free Doggie Doughnuts I have in The Year of Cozy. I basically doubled that recipe and BAM. Cake!
This recipe is completely grain-free, using Baking Sheet” target=”_blank”>half baking sheet and then you cut the cakes out using a round cutter. If you don’t have a cutter that’s circular, you could also use a knife and make little square cakes. SO CUTE!
The frosting is a combination of Greek yogurt and honey. It has no thickener in it so it’s a bit runnier than human frosting. This cake is topped with a bit of unsweetened coconut flakes.
This is either a very inspiration recipe for you or you think I’m incredibly strange and weird. And you’re right. I’ll be back on Wednesday with a human recipe that’s pretty near and dear to my lil’ heart.