1. Apparently I can get five hours of sleep and be totally fine the next day, which basically means I’m turning into my dad. I think as you get older, you need less sleep. (I have no idea if this is actually true.)
2. If I follow a dog on Instagram, and then MEET the dog in person, it’ll instantly make my week. I was driving down the street, on my way to get a smoovie, when I drove right past Arrow the Corgi. Of course, I spotted him because I spot all corgis, rolled down the window like the psycho that I am and was all like, “Is that Arrow the Corgi?!?!”
3. Lastly, I learned that the only thing better than a cookie is a big ass cookie the size of my face. Also, walnuts. They so belong in a gigantic chocolate chip cookie.
I’d like to tell you the reason why you should make this is because it’s easier (no scooping out dough), but let’s be honest, scooping out dough isn’t the most labor-intensive thing in the world.
I think this cookie is cool because it’s gigantic; it’s impressive and really it’s just kinda fun.
You guys…I’m an adult now. I’ve been an official adult for some time now, but yesterday, as I was driving down the street, it dawned on me that the past few months have been revelatory. I’ve changed. I’ve grown up. The evidence is evident. And here it is:
1. I have a Christmas tree in my living room. Every year, pre this one, I’ve felt no need to get a Christmas tree because I’d usually just enjoy my family’s tree. But this year…I bought one for myself, to enjoy by myself. Whoa.
2. I picked a color palette for Christmas. I’m using the same color for my tree, wreath and Christmas gift-wrapping. Yes, my friends…a Christmas color pallete. Who am I?! (It’s white, silver and wood-colored, in case you’re curious.)
3. As I was driving last night, I saw three very lovely (and probably very smart) girls walking down the street in heels so high and dresses so short and tight that I thought: A. I might see their privates any second. B. They might fall down and I might laugh, like, a lot. I shook my head. I wished their mothers could see them. And then I just felt old.
4. Yesterday I took the ice cube tray out of the freezer, used up all the ice and then did something I never do: I filled it up with water and returned it back to the freezer. Ahhh…adulthood!
But then I ate three slices of lemon tart for dinner while standing in my kitchen. And I was doing so well…
Cookies. Let’s talk about cookies that belong in your arsenal.
Uhhh…I might be a lil’ addicted to Instagram. It’s like instant blogging. It’s impulsive, nosy (hello instagram stalking!) and my current fav way to procrastinate.
I’m convinced that most of these various social networking sites were invented to give us something to do while we collectively wait in line at the post office. Let’s NOT talk to the person standing next to us…no, that’d be scary. But comment on a strangers’s picture of their cute newborn/new shoes/lunch/dessert? Meh…perfectly normal.
I like our lives now. Technology has made our lives weird and awesome. I’m into it. This post is brought to you by my Instagram addiction. I peeped a picture from Suann of a salty oatmeal cookie (from Teaism in Washington D.C.). I was intrigued. Salty Oatmeal Cookie? Ummm…I like salt. And oatmeal…and cookies.