These are the Best Lemon Ricotta Pancakes; they’re the perfect thing to make for breakfast or brunch. They have the perfect texture with the best flavor thanks to the lemon zest and ricotta.
There is nothing I love more than a fluffy stack of pancakes with maple syrup and a pat of butter on top. It’s a dreamy breakfast and they always hit the spot on the weekends.
These fluffy lemon ricotta pancakes come from my cookbook, A Cozy Coloring Cookbook. Coloring and recipes! Best combo. Let’s dive into these pancakes.
What Does Ricotta Do in Pancakes
I love adding ricotta to my pancake batter because it adds moisture and adds a nice indulgent, rich flavor to them. Ricotta also gives a really fluffy texture to pancakes which is obviously amazing.
How to Make the Best Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- Mix the dry ingredients. Whisk the dry ingredients together which are the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- I like to whisk the wet ingredients in a large measuring cup. I whisk together the milk, ricotta, egg, lemon zest, vanilla extract and melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Grease a pan with a bit of butter and pour a 1/4 cup measure of batter.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake and flip.
- Work through making the batter into pancakes.
Looking for Other Pancake Recipes?
Best Lemon Ricotta Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1 large egg
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted and cooled unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the milk, ricotta, egg, lemon zest, vanilla and butter. Add to the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Grease a large skillet and heat over medium-low heat. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet. Cook in batches, turning once, until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with the remaining batter.