My Best Fall Recipes

Desserts, Dinner

{Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes}

I live in this really magical place called Los Angeles, California.

It’s a place where you have to pay, like, $2 for parking to go to the mall. Even if you don’t buy anything.

It’s a place where people sitting next to you at coffee shops are writing movies on their laptops. And then those movies get made, you see them in the theater, and it’s weird and wild.

It’s a place where palm tress aren’t native to the state, yet they fit in perfectly.

And it’s a place where you see Janice Dickason at the movie theater, dressed like she’s going to the Met Ball, with a man who’s six inches shorter and looks like he might own the state of California. Very normal.

Los Angeles is a place of make believe. So, when it’s the first day of fall and 90 degrees outside, it forces you to pretend it’s brisk out, or else you’ll get mad. Because all anybody wants to do on the first day of fall–myself included–is break out their new boots, scarves, hold hands with the boy they like and jump in a big pile of autumn leaves. Am I right, or am I right? I’m right.

This Apple Danish is super pretty. Good quality store-bought puff pastry, paired with perfect apples that you can only really get in fall. Oh and there’s lots of spices, too. It’s a winner.

This Nutty Seedy Pumpkin Bread is the epitome of the season. The smell will warm your house and make it feel super cozy and awesome.

Acorn Squash Soup with Cheesy Croutons. I’ve been making various versions of this soup since I was a youngster. Back in college, this was my go-to soup. It’s sweet, nutty and not too creamy. The cheesy Gruyére croutons totally make it.

Egg-In-A-Hole Grilled Cheese. A lil’ twist on my favorite kid-like breakfast.

Spicy Vegan Chili. Healthy, filling and good. Make a big pot on a Monday and eat the rest for the next couple of days.

And because you can’t eat chili without cornbread: Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread. They’re a perfect match.

These Soft Pumpkin Sandwich Cookies are soft, a little crunchy, creamy and taste all pumpkin-like.

Fall is sooooo cool.

• Reply jackie October 11, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Where can we find the recipes for this beautiful food!!

• Reply Adrianna October 12, 2012 at 12:58 am

The names of the recipes are hyperlinked. So wherever you see the orange font, click! It’ll take you to the pages where the recipes are. 🙂

• Reply MikeVFMK October 6, 2012 at 6:45 pm

All great fall choices but it’s the pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes that I’m looking at in a slightly uncomfortable way. Awkward but so good.

• Reply Cookie and Kate October 2, 2012 at 9:12 am

I am starting to break out my boots and my scarves, but I don’t have a cute boy to hold hands with. Ug, uggggg. I need one of those pumpkin cookie sandwiches.

• Reply Adrianna October 2, 2012 at 9:36 am

Hahah. You’ll find one! It’ll happen, promise. xo

• Reply GIGI September 28, 2012 at 8:57 am

these are all so perfect for fall. can’t wait to try some of these! my two must haves are the jalapeno cheddar corn bread and apple danishes thanks!. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ http://www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

• Reply Kiran @ KiranTarun.com September 26, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Oh yum! That apple danish has my name all over it 😀

• Reply Ashley September 26, 2012 at 5:56 pm

I made the soup and the nutty pumpkin bread. Thank you SO SO much for putting these recipes in my life

• Reply Adrianna September 26, 2012 at 7:01 pm

YAY! That’s so awesome.

• Reply Christine September 26, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Hey what a great post!
    I love the small, wooden ‘plates’ you feature in your posts. Where can I buy some?

Cheers!
    Christine

• Reply Adrianna September 26, 2012 at 7:02 pm

That wooden “plate” is actually a small cupcake stand (it came with a glass cover). A friend bought it for me at a yard sale. I’m sure if you dig you can find one on Etsy.

• Reply Taryn September 26, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I know these are your “best” fall recipes, but I have to say I have a special place in my heart for your pumpkin muffins…I like pumpkin all year round so I’ve made these several times.

• Reply Channing September 26, 2012 at 8:12 am

Fall recipes are seriously the best! I have to say though, I’m starting to feel now about the holidays how you did about the fall arriving in stores too early a few weeks ago. It’s weird to see both fall and holiday retail emails coming all at once. So … all hail pumpkin stuff! But, I can totally wait until December for holiday cookies! 😀

• Reply Margherita September 25, 2012 at 11:54 pm

I love your pumpkin sandwich cookies, I made them last year and can’t wait to have some more…it’s a great recipe!

• Reply Laura September 25, 2012 at 8:41 pm

I could never live somewhere without 4 seasons. Great list.

• Reply Marie September 25, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Those pancakes look so fluffy! and I’d love to try that acorn squash soup! 🙂

• Reply Sara September 25, 2012 at 11:57 am

Thank you for these recipes (especially the chili and grilled cheese)! I grew up in the midwest and now live in LA and although I hate cold weather/snow/winter.. fall is my favorite season. I’m missing it (and the boots, scarves, and cardies) a lot lately!

• Reply LouAnn September 25, 2012 at 11:29 am

Love these recipes and the funky description of where you live

• Reply Eileen September 25, 2012 at 11:24 am