The Best Fall Recipes

Breakfast, Cakes, Desserts, Dinner, Fall, Quick and Easy, Vegetarian

This is a collection of some of the best fall recipes. This list is an autumnal explosion of flavorful dinners, appetizers, breakfasts and desserts.  Whether you’re looking for pumpkin cinnamon rolls or a black bean soup that’s vegan, this list delivers with all the fall cooking inspiration you need!

The Best Fall Recipes:

Dulce de Leche Cookie Bars – Delicious salty and sweet dulce de leche swirled into a cheesecake mixture that’s on a cookie crust. SO GOOD.

Arroz con Pollo – I guess this isn’t *technically* a fall recipe but I always love a one-pot meal at this time of year. Actually, I like it anytime of year. This arroz con pollo is flavorful, delicious and super easy to throw together.

Easy Apple Cobbler – This apple cobbler was one of the most popular recipes on the blog last month. Here’s why: it’s super fast and easy to throw together. The filling is simple and delicious. And the topping is this super cakey delicious cobbler topping.

Cuban Black Bean Soup – You can make this on the stove-top or in the Instant Pot. It’s really comforting and simple. I like that it’s vegan (depending on what you put on top) and the toppings are endless.

Sesame Pumpkin Chocolate Cake – This pumpkin cake has sesame oil added to it, resulting in a super delicious cake. The pumpkin and sesame work SO well together. Who would think it would be this good!

Pumpkin Tahini Loaf – Are pumpkin and tahini and odd combo? At first I thought so, but after I made this pumpkin loaf, my mind was changed.

The Best Fall Recipes - pumpkin tahini loaf

Pozole Verde con Pollo – This is made in the Instant Pot OR on the stove-top. It’s so delicious, flavorful and a bit tart. I like to eat it with tons of freshly fried tortilla chips.

The Best Fall Recipes - pozole verde

Delicata Squash Baked Shells – These baked shells are stuffed with delicata squash, ricotta and then baked with tons of cheese and marinara sauce. *Chef’s Kiss*

The Best Fall Recipes - delicata squash

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls – I love these pumpkin cinnamon rolls so much. They’re perfect, if I do say so myself. The frosting is maple flavored so this is truly the best thing to bake for a Saturday morning breakfast treat.

The Best Fall Recipes - pumpkin cinnamon rolls

Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread – This cornbread is what you want when you make pumpkin chili, ok. It’s super fluffy and a little sweet, a little spicy and very cheddar-like. (If you’re looking for some cornbread pancakes these blueberries ones are my favorites.)

The Best Fall Recipes - jalapeno cornbread

Best Pumpkin Chili – This chili is so flavorful. I LOVE IT. The pumpkin adds a delicious heartiness that isn’t really detected but it’s appreciated.

The Best Fall Recipes - pumpkin chili

Apple Pie – Am I bold to say that this is the most perfect Homemade Apple Pie? Perhaps. For sure. But it’s true! I love this pie so much. I hope you make it and love it too! Big note: I make this all throughout fall AND winter.

The Best Fall Recipes - apple pie

Mini Pumpkin Sheet Cake – Since everyone is having smaller get-togethers, I think this mini pumpkin sheet cake is the move. It’s so fluffy with the best crumb. The frosting is brown butter frosting that works wonders with the pumpkin.

The Best Fall Recipes - mini pumpkin sheet cake

Spaghetti and Meatballs – This is all I want right now. Slowly cooked meatballs that are simmered in a sauce and tossed with bucatini or spaghetti. Phew. SO GOOD.

The Best Fall Recipes - spaghetti and meatballs overhead

Cornbread Chicken and Dumplings – At this point, this recipe is an A Cozy Kitchen classic. It’s super easy to make and the dumplings are fluffy and taste like cornbread. What’s not to like. And as always, if you make this, let me know on Instagram!

The Best Fall Recipes - hand holding bowl

• Reply jackie October 11, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Where can we find the recipes for this beautiful food!!

• Reply Adrianna October 12, 2012 at 12:58 am

The names of the recipes are hyperlinked. So wherever you see the orange font, click! It’ll take you to the pages where the recipes are. 🙂

• Reply MikeVFMK October 6, 2012 at 6:45 pm

All great fall choices but it’s the pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes that I’m looking at in a slightly uncomfortable way. Awkward but so good.

• Reply Cookie and Kate October 2, 2012 at 9:12 am

I am starting to break out my boots and my scarves, but I don’t have a cute boy to hold hands with. Ug, uggggg. I need one of those pumpkin cookie sandwiches.

• Reply Adrianna October 2, 2012 at 9:36 am

Hahah. You’ll find one! It’ll happen, promise. xo

• Reply GIGI September 28, 2012 at 8:57 am

these are all so perfect for fall. can’t wait to try some of these! my two must haves are the jalapeno cheddar corn bread and apple danishes thanks!. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ http://www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

• Reply Kiran @ KiranTarun.com September 26, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Oh yum! That apple danish has my name all over it 😀

• Reply Ashley September 26, 2012 at 5:56 pm

I made the soup and the nutty pumpkin bread. Thank you SO SO much for putting these recipes in my life

• Reply Adrianna September 26, 2012 at 7:01 pm

YAY! That’s so awesome.

• Reply Christine September 26, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Hey what a great post!
    I love the small, wooden ‘plates’ you feature in your posts. Where can I buy some?

Cheers!
    Christine

• Reply Adrianna September 26, 2012 at 7:02 pm

That wooden “plate” is actually a small cupcake stand (it came with a glass cover). A friend bought it for me at a yard sale. I’m sure if you dig you can find one on Etsy.

• Reply Taryn September 26, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I know these are your “best” fall recipes, but I have to say I have a special place in my heart for your pumpkin muffins…I like pumpkin all year round so I’ve made these several times.

• Reply Channing September 26, 2012 at 8:12 am

Fall recipes are seriously the best! I have to say though, I’m starting to feel now about the holidays how you did about the fall arriving in stores too early a few weeks ago. It’s weird to see both fall and holiday retail emails coming all at once. So … all hail pumpkin stuff! But, I can totally wait until December for holiday cookies! 😀

• Reply Margherita September 25, 2012 at 11:54 pm

I love your pumpkin sandwich cookies, I made them last year and can’t wait to have some more…it’s a great recipe!

• Reply Laura September 25, 2012 at 8:41 pm

I could never live somewhere without 4 seasons. Great list.

• Reply Marie September 25, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Those pancakes look so fluffy! and I’d love to try that acorn squash soup! 🙂

• Reply Sara September 25, 2012 at 11:57 am

Thank you for these recipes (especially the chili and grilled cheese)! I grew up in the midwest and now live in LA and although I hate cold weather/snow/winter.. fall is my favorite season. I’m missing it (and the boots, scarves, and cardies) a lot lately!

• Reply LouAnn September 25, 2012 at 11:29 am

Love these recipes and the funky description of where you live

• Reply Eileen September 25, 2012 at 11:24 am