The Best Fall Recipes

Breakfast, Cakes, Desserts, Dinner, Fall, Quick and Easy, Vegetarian

This is a collection of some of the best fall recipes. This list is an autumnal explosion of flavorful dinners, appetizers, breakfasts and desserts.  Whether you’re looking for pumpkin cinnamon rolls or a black bean soup that’s vegan, this list delivers with all the fall cooking inspiration you need!

The Best Fall Recipes:

Dulce de Leche Cookie Bars – Delicious salty and sweet dulce de leche swirled into a cheesecake mixture that’s on a cookie crust. SO GOOD.

Arroz con Pollo – I guess this isn’t *technically* a fall recipe but I always love a one-pot meal at this time of year. Actually, I like it anytime of year. This arroz con pollo is flavorful, delicious and super easy to throw together.

Easy Apple Cobbler – This apple cobbler was one of the most popular recipes on the blog last month. Here’s why: it’s super fast and easy to throw together. The filling is simple and delicious. And the topping is this super cakey delicious cobbler topping.

Cuban Black Bean Soup – You can make this on the stove-top or in the Instant Pot. It’s really comforting and simple. I like that it’s vegan (depending on what you put on top) and the toppings are endless.

Sesame Pumpkin Chocolate Cake – This pumpkin cake has sesame oil added to it, resulting in a super delicious cake. The pumpkin and sesame work SO well together. Who would think it would be this good!

Pumpkin Tahini Loaf – Are pumpkin and tahini and odd combo? At first I thought so, but after I made this pumpkin loaf, my mind was changed.

The Best Fall Recipes - pumpkin tahini loaf

Pozole Verde con Pollo – This is made in the Instant Pot OR on the stove-top. It’s so delicious, flavorful and a bit tart. I like to eat it with tons of freshly fried tortilla chips.

The Best Fall Recipes - pozole verde

Delicata Squash Baked Shells – These baked shells are stuffed with delicata squash, ricotta and then baked with tons of cheese and marinara sauce. *Chef’s Kiss*

The Best Fall Recipes - delicata squash

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls – I love these pumpkin cinnamon rolls so much. They’re perfect, if I do say so myself. The frosting is maple flavored so this is truly the best thing to bake for a Saturday morning breakfast treat.

The Best Fall Recipes - pumpkin cinnamon rolls

Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread – This cornbread is what you want when you make pumpkin chili, ok. It’s super fluffy and a little sweet, a little spicy and very cheddar-like. (If you’re looking for some cornbread pancakes these blueberries ones are my favorites.)

The Best Fall Recipes - jalapeno cornbread

Best Pumpkin Chili – This chili is so flavorful. I LOVE IT. The pumpkin adds a delicious heartiness that isn’t really detected but it’s appreciated.

The Best Fall Recipes - pumpkin chili

Apple Pie – Am I bold to say that this is the most perfect Homemade Apple Pie? Perhaps. For sure. But it’s true! I love this pie so much. I hope you make it and love it too! Big note: I make this all throughout fall AND winter.

The Best Fall Recipes - apple pie

Mini Pumpkin Sheet Cake – Since everyone is having smaller get-togethers, I think this mini pumpkin sheet cake is the move. It’s so fluffy with the best crumb. The frosting is brown butter frosting that works wonders with the pumpkin.

The Best Fall Recipes - mini pumpkin sheet cake

Spaghetti and Meatballs – This is all I want right now. Slowly cooked meatballs that are simmered in a sauce and tossed with bucatini or spaghetti. Phew. SO GOOD.

The Best Fall Recipes - spaghetti and meatballs overhead

Cornbread Chicken and Dumplings – At this point, this recipe is an A Cozy Kitchen classic. It’s super easy to make and the dumplings are fluffy and taste like cornbread. What’s not to like. And as always, if you make this, let me know on Instagram!

The Best Fall Recipes - hand holding bowl

• Reply Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes September 25, 2012 at 11:16 am

I want to make the pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes!

• Reply kim@hungryhealthygirl September 25, 2012 at 10:26 am

I want that nutty seedy pumpkin bread now!!! I have to pretend it feels like Fall too….here in Texas the high yesterday was 95. 🙁

• Reply Adrianna September 25, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Super sad!

• Reply Domonique September 25, 2012 at 10:22 am

I’m obsessed with this post- not only because in the UK it’s freeeezing and these recipes will for sure come to good use but for the way in which you describe L.A. ha!

x

• Reply Adrianna September 25, 2012 at 6:08 pm

HA. It’s a fun place to live. I love it. 🙂

• Reply Cathy @ Noble Pig September 25, 2012 at 10:05 am

I’m all over that acorn squash soup! Love!

• Reply Katie @ Blonde Ambition September 25, 2012 at 9:49 am

Same here in Northern California! I bought an amaazing pair of boots a week or 2 ago and I can’t wear them yet because it’s still 90 degrees every day!

Acorn Squash Soup was the first dish I ever tried making without following a recipe. It always finds its way to my table each autumn. I want it now!!

• Reply Adrianna September 25, 2012 at 6:08 pm

ME TOO, actually. I’m pretty sure it was one of the first things I could make without looking at a recipe.

• Reply Christina @ The Beautiful Balance September 25, 2012 at 9:36 am

Holy yum! Squash soup and pumpkin sandwich cookies are on my list of things to make now!

• Reply Heidi @foodiecrush September 25, 2012 at 8:55 am

Ah, you are so right about L.A. I always told people to wait to visit in late September and early October for the best summer weather ever. It’s hard to get in the spirit of fall when there aren’t any changing leaves. But I think your recipes will do the trick. I want the apple danish and than frog in the hole grilled cheese is brilliant.

• Reply Adrianna September 25, 2012 at 6:07 pm

We have an Indian summer, for sure!

• Reply robyn September 25, 2012 at 8:30 am

sooo many things to love here-the pumpkin pancakes are being made this weekend!

• Reply christin September 25, 2012 at 7:35 am

Yep…cornbread into my life. Right now.

• Reply Jess September 25, 2012 at 6:55 am

You are absolutely right – I’m an east coast transplant in LA and I feel like a squirrel getting ready for winter. Stew in the crockpot, sauce on the stove, beans in the oven – all for the freezer for wintery nights that just won’t happen! What does a girl have to do to at least get some temps in the 60’s?

• Reply Adrianna September 25, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Fareal. GRRR!

• Reply Abby@ Totes Delish Blog September 25, 2012 at 5:30 am

I’m going to need that chili/cornbread combo up in my face ASAP!! Everything else too.

• Reply Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 25, 2012 at 4:58 am

All of these look amazing! All hail the pumpkin foods!! lol

• Reply Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar September 25, 2012 at 3:19 am

Everything looks lovely! I can’t wait to try some of these!

• Reply marissa @ the boot September 25, 2012 at 2:42 am

i love it all. 🙂

• Reply Blog is the New Black September 25, 2012 at 2:28 am

I want that acorn squash soup!