I just got back from Atlanta where I spent my Saturday at Create + Cultivate speaking on a panel about food in the digital space with some women I admire a whole lot.
It sounds a lil’ cheesy but I left Saturday feeling so ridiculously inspired and really excited to try harder, try new things and all at the same time super grateful for everything. I also realized that while I love men, my favorite is women company. I work with mainly women, most of my friends are women and I really like it that way.
When I got back last night from traveling—which actually was pretty easy–all I wanted was a big bowl of autumn-like comfort. I didn’t have this in front of me because of course I made this a week ago, but I wanted it to be!
This pasta is Eat In My Kitchen. This pasta is so simple to make. And orange and brown butter is one of my favorite flavor combinations yet I had never had it in a savory capacity but it is SO GOOD. And I’m definitely going to try it again some other way (just not sure how). This book is so pretty.
The wild mushrooms—if you can’t find oysters and chanterelles—can easily be replaced with trusty creminis or button mushrooms.
I also want to put crispy sage on every single thing right now. I kinda even want to put sage in sweet stuff. But that might be a little too weird. Maybe I’ll try it this week and you should try this.
This Lagostina Copper Pasta Pot is so beautiful and it could be yours!
Win by leaving a comment below by telling me what your favorite fall meal is?! I need some inspiration! Giveaway ends on Wednesday, October 19th at midnight. (Giveaway is open to U.S. winners only.)
UPDATE: Giveaway is now closed. Heather is the winner!
Wild Mushroom Spaghetti with Orange Butter + Crispy SagePrint
- 7 ounces dried spaghetti
- Olive oil
- Unsalted butter
- 4 ounces chantrelles, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 ounces king oyster mushrooms, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Freshly ground pepper
- 15 fresh sage leaves
- 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice, from about 1 orange
- Freshly grated orange zest, from 1 orange
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the spaghetti, according to the package instructions, until al dente. Drain the spaghetti and drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil atop; toss the pasta (this will help it from sticking) and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat 3 tablespoons of butter over high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes or until al dente and golden. Season to taste with salt and a few turns of freshly ground pepper and then transfer to a medium bowl.
- Place the pan over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter, and fry the sage for about 30 seconds or until crisp and golden but not dark. Transfer the sage to a plate. Add the orange juice and deglaze the pan, using a spatula to scrape any bits and pieces off the bottom. Add the pasta and mushrooms to the pan, stir to combine, and season to taste with salt, pepper, and orange zest. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan-Reggiano, crispy sage and serve immediately.
Recipe from Eat in My Kitchen