There are nights when all I want for dinner is a big bowl of guacamole and chips. And since I’m grown up, I have just that.
This is somewhat of a silly post because we all know how to make guacamole, don’t we?
Though we probably all vary with additions and ratios. This is my favorite version. It’s untraditional, as they say, because I love adding diced tomatoes, jalapeños, red onion and lots of lime and salt.
I do prefer the smash up the avocados first and then fold in all of the add-ins because I don’t want smashed onion and tomato, you know? But other than that, it’s crazy easy and simple and normal.
Since we probably all have our favorite way to make guacamole, how do you make yours?
I do love pomegranate seeds added to mine, too.
Guacamole For A CrowdPrint
- 10 avocados, halved and pitted
- Juice from 3 limes, divided
- 2 jalapeños,, deseeded and diced
- 1 tomato,, diced
- 1 red onion,, diced
- Cilantro,, for garnish
- Add the avocados and the juice from 1 lime and a few pinches of salt. Mash up using a fork until the guacamole resembles the consistency that you like.
- Fold in the jalapeños, tomatoes and red onion and juice from the 2nd lime. Salt to taste and adjust the lime juice, according to taste (I always add more lime juice). Can be made up to 1 day in advance if stored in an airtight container in the fridge.