1. At My Table: A Celebration of Home Cooking – I’ve always loved Nigella Lawson’s easy, casual cooking. 2. Bravetart – Stella Parks hit out of the park with this classic baking book. If your mom loves to bake, this is an amazing book all about American classics. 3. How to Eat a Peach – Menu planning and musings by Diana Henry. 4. The Year of Cozy – Give the gift of ME for Mother’s Day! 5. Magnolia Table – Joanna Gaines’s new cookbook. Everyone loves her, including my mama. 6. The First Mess – My mom eats mostly a plant-based diet and this cookbook has been an wonderful addition to her cookbook collection. 7. Love Real Food – If your mom loves vegetarian recipes then this cookbook would be a great gift. Check out the reviews–everyone loves it! Kate makes cookable, delicious recipes that everyone loves. 8. The Perfect Scoop – David Lebovitz re-released his classic ice cream book. Can’t wait! 9. Gather & Graze – I’ve never had the opportunity to visit Stephanie Izard’s restaurant so this is the next best thing!
1. Dr. Jart Water Replenishment Sheet Mask – Dr. Jart sheet masks are my absolute favorite. I love to pack them for long flights and put one on when I arrive at my hotel room. 2. Laura Mercier Fresh Fig Hand Cream – This hand cream smells so delicious. It’s everything you want in a hand cream, too: thick, rich and ultra-hydrating. 3. KitchenAid Architect Stand-Up Mixer – If your mama loves to bake and cook, this is a must. This color Pistachio will always be my favorite. Always. 4. Adidas Swift Run Sneakers – I swear by these shoes. I bought myself a pair for Christmas (I got the black and gold) and wear them nearly every single day. They’re so comfortable and look great with jeans or workout clothes. 5. Cuyana Zip-Around Wallet – I’ve been searching for a new wallet and this one fits the bill. It’s pretty and has the perfect amount of space. I feel like mom would love it, too. 6. Danse Lente Mini Johnny Leather Bucket Bag – If mom is hip to game, she’ll love this purse. I have this purse in black and it’s so beautiful in real life. 7. Cuyana Cross Body Bag – This bag is so simple and pretty. Every bag I buy for myself OR for someone else has to have a crossbody feature. 8. Chanel Nail Polish in Origandi – This color looks good on a wide range of complexions. 9. Summer Fridays – This is a night cream and mask in one. It’s multi-functional and it feels like butter on. I LOVE IT. I wear it every night and I wake up with super hydrated skin. 10. Shashi Necklace – A simple and pretty necklace. 11. Black Dodgers Hat – LA FOREVER! I love this black iteration. 12. White Matte Le Creuset – This white matte le creuset is my favorite. I love their matte collection. A plus (in case your mom is a food blogger lol), I photographs beautifully because ZERO shine. Continue Reading
1. KitchenAid Stand-Up Mixer – I feel like a broken record, but this really is the perfect thing to give someone. I love this pistachio color but if your favorite person loves another color, well, they have a ton to choose from!
2. Wilton Decorating 55 Piece Set – I own this and have put this on gift guides before and that’s because it’s amazing to have all of these tips in one place. Also Wilton shows what the tips do on their Youtube page in case you‘re not sure what kinda design will come out!
3. ChefSteps Joule Sous Vide – I’m going to be completely honest with you, I was not a fan of anything sous vide’d. I didn’t think it was that realistic for home cooks, but I bought this for Josh last year for Hannakah and he has used it so many times and I am now completely converted. I’m actually going to try and do caramelized white chocolate in it this week and am excited!
4. Ninja and I actually like it too. It’s much cheaper, works just as well. The only downside compared to the Vitamix is that it’s a bit louder than I’d like. But oh well! I do have my eye on upgrading my Vitamix to the one you see!
5. Instant Pot – Ok, so I’m gonna be honest: I don’t own an Instant Pot (yet). It’s on my holiday wish list. I’ve used my friend Billy’s and I think it’s amazing. Should I do a few Instant Pot recipes?
6. 3 1/2-quart every single day of my life. The 4 1/2 quart is the most functional—you can use it for stews, candy and even for baking bread. The possibilities are truly endless.
7. Food Coloring Set from AmeriColor – I think AmeriColor has some of the best colors in the food coloring game. They are very pigmented and I love how little you have to use in order to achieve your desired color.
8. NordicWare Cast Iron Bundt Pans – NordicWare did a whole exclusive line with Amazon and the results are pretty beautiful. I love intricate bundt pans and they make ones that are good quality with beautiful designs.
9. Pyrex Glass Container Set – I recently was gifted this set from a shoot I was on and man, was I excited. I love that it stacks perfectly. I love that it’s glass and totally reusable.
10. Stasher Reuseable Silicon Bags – One of my goals for 2018 is to cut down my waste. I have my eye on these reusable bags to use for everything from storing a leftover sandwich to using it to sous vide something or using it when I go to the bulk bin (instead of using a plastic bag). I plan to give these as stocking stuffers.
1. The Year of Cozy – Hello hi this is my book. And yes, technically this is self-promotion but I personally think that this would be a great gift.
2. Love Real Food – I love Kathryn Taylor’s blog, Cookie and Kate. This book crushed it this year (look at all those positive reviews!). If you know someone who loves making vegetarian meals, this is a winner for sure.
3. Salt Fat Acid Heat – I LOVED this book. I feel like everyone—no matter your cooking level—can benefit from reading this book. It’s very interesting, entertaining and the illustrations in the book are beautiful.
4. Cravings – Chrissy Tiegan is a fun follow on Twitter and The Insta. I haven’t made any of these recipes but a lot of people have and love them!
5. Sweet – Beautiful baking cookbook from Yotam Ottolenghi and Pastry Chef Helen Goh. It’s a gorgeous book and anyone who loves baking would definitely adore this book.
6. Bravetart – Another good baking book. Bravetart is written by Stella Parks from Serious Eats and I love that the recipes are based on American classics.
7. Mary Berry’s Baking Bible – I am a diehard fan of The Great British Baking Show. In a world of toxic news and politics, I like to watch this show and The Kardashians and I’m not ashamed of that! So, when I was watching a few months ago, I realized I had never baked a Mary Berry recipe—gotta change that!
8. Cook Beautiful – This book is all over the internets. And you know, for good reason. The photos are aspirational (her kitchen! her house!) but the food is approachable and doable and that’s wonderful.
9. The First Mess – For your favorite vegan! I love Laura Wright’s food—it’s delicious and simple and doable at home. I peruse this book all the time and sometimes I’ll add cheese or an egg and make her recipes non-vegan lol.
11. State Bird Provisions – When Josh and I had only been together for a few months, we took a trip to San Francisco and ate at State Bird. We loved our meal there. We sat at the bar and everyone was so nice and welcoming. I received this cookbook and the dessert section is my absolute favorite.
12. Zahav – This is not a new cookbook but it’s a staple. I’ve actually never been to the restaurant but I wanna go.
1. Very Cozy Madewell Sweater – It comes in a few colors and I tried all of them on. Obviously the mauve one was my favorite (pictured here). The fit is super flattering and so super soft. I want to sleep in it.
2. Bagatiba Hollow Hoops – I love these hoops. I actually like a lot of Bagatiba’s jewelry. I’ve purchased a few pieces from them over the last year and I can say that their jewelry is good quality and really beautiful in real life.
3. Fluffy Women’s Casual Socks – I recently bought these socks because they are right by The Year of Cozy at Target (hello sorry being annoying!) and they are SO soft and cozy. And very inexpensive.
4. Patagonia Teddy Bear Jacket – Listen, I dress for comfort a lot of the time and this jacket is just speaking to me right now. I love the beige color so I can just look like a teddy bear at all times.
5. Tilda Faux Fur Topshop Denim Jacket – Is the faux fur a little bit extra? Yes. Definitely. I do love the crop top tho and I love fur. Topshop ALWAYS fits me so small so be sure to size up a bit.
6. Mansur Gabriel Moon Leather Wallet – I’ve been using the same wallet for a few years now and while it’s great, I might need a new one. I do love that my present wallet has a lot of room so I can’t go down to a card-type wallet. I need a mom wallet. I feel like this one would be a good jump.
7. Swell Bottle – When I go workout I sometimes get a Smart Water BUT I’m trying to use less plastic so this is on my gift to myself. Less waste!
9. Dr. Jart Water Replenishment Cotton Sheet Mask – I love Dr. Jart everything. All of their products are nourishing and hydrating. Whenever I travel, I always buy a few of these for when I land so my skin can be all hydrated all over again.
10. Essie Gel Couture Nail Polish Kits – I hate getting gels because they hurt my nails but when I was at the salon recently, a nail technician recommended these Essie Gel Couture polishes and OMG you guys, the color I have on has lasted almost two weeks and I use my hands every single day. Very impressed. These kits are cute.
11. Vans Old Skool Suede Sneaker – I wear these nearly every day and I’ve been wearing them for years. I recently switched from the hightop to the low tops. And I’m undecided which ones I like better lol. They’re great for different reasons!
I’m the last person that is going to tell you that you HAVE to have anything. I baked for years without a stand-up mixer, I’ve used a colander as a sieve (I don’t recommend it) and for a long time, I literally scooped out cookies with tablespoons I ate soup with. BUT, now I have a very well stocked kitchen and you know what, it makes my life easier! I move faster and I’m less stressed so here are some of my go-tos for cooking Thanksgiving dinner.
1. OXO Potato Ricer – This is the only proper way to make mashed potatoes. My post on mashed potatoes depends on it.
2. Kitchen scissors – I use these for cutting out the backbone of a turkey, I use it for cutting twine and I use them for cutting pie dough. I love kitchen scissors. They’re super sharp and are dedicated to food only.
3. Deli Containers – If you’re one of those people who loves to make things ahead of time, store mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, and everything else, in these deli containers. They’re also great for leftovers.
4. Kitchen/Meat Thermometer – I use this thermometer for everything. I never use a candy thermometer. This is the only one I use for taking a turkey’s temperature or making candy.
6. French-Style Rolling Pin – I despise those heavy-handled rolling pins because they’re cumbersome and, um, heavy. I much prefer this style.
7. Baking dishes – I use these for making mac n’ cheese, cooking casseroles…I dunno, you name it and they’re pretty versatile.
8. Pyrex 9-inch Pie Plate – This is simple, glass pie plate. They’re super inexpensive and bake pies very evenly.
9. Spatulas – You need them, in all sizes. They make scraping out the rest of that pumpkin pie filling out of the bowl easier. I kinda like buying spatulas at TJ MAXX and Marshall’s–the best prices and varieties.