You guys, Ice Cream Week is here, in full effect, on A Cozy Kitchen. And I’m excited! Who’s with me?!
Every day this week I’ll be throwing a new ice cream recipe your way. Maybe there’ll be lots of berries up in ice cream, maybe some malt balls, most likely there’ll be some chocolate and there might even be some waffle cone slingin’, who knows.
Back in January when it was freezing cold (even in LA), all I could dream about was summah-time fun like slip n’ slides, sitting in the sun wearing sunnies (I secretly hate that word), and most of all, ice cream-making. I had this idea of dedicating a whole week to just ice cream. So, here we are…Ice Cream Week!
Sometimes I want to love what everyone else loves…but don’t. Like, harem pants (my thighs don’t need help looking larger – thanks) or frappuchinos (real coffee, please) or sparkly shoe clips or Mad Men (boring). Peanut butter and chocolate is one of those things that the entire world LOVES. And I do, too.
It’s the classic of classic combos. And there’s good reason. Something magical occurs when chocolate and peanut butter come together. The clouds open, the symphony sounds, a Lisa Frank rainbow appears in the sky and smiles appear.
This cookie has chocolate, peanut butter, oatmeal and a good amount of salt all mixed into one.
You guys…I’m an adult now. I’ve been an official adult for some time now, but yesterday, as I was driving down the street, it dawned on me that the past few months have been revelatory. I’ve changed. I’ve grown up. The evidence is evident. And here it is:
1. I have a Christmas tree in my living room. Every year, pre this one, I’ve felt no need to get a Christmas tree because I’d usually just enjoy my family’s tree. But this year…I bought one for myself, to enjoy by myself. Whoa.
2. I picked a color palette for Christmas. I’m using the same color for my tree, wreath and Christmas gift-wrapping. Yes, my friends…a Christmas color pallete. Who am I?! (It’s white, silver and wood-colored, in case you’re curious.)
3. As I was driving last night, I saw three very lovely (and probably very smart) girls walking down the street in heels so high and dresses so short and tight that I thought: A. I might see their privates any second. B. They might fall down and I might laugh, like, a lot. I shook my head. I wished their mothers could see them. And then I just felt old.
4. Yesterday I took the ice cube tray out of the freezer, used up all the ice and then did something I never do: I filled it up with water and returned it back to the freezer. Ahhh…adulthood!
But then I ate three slices of lemon tart for dinner while standing in my kitchen. And I was doing so well…
Cookies. Let’s talk about cookies that belong in your arsenal.
Hi! I have biscuits this morning…with bacon…and some sort of glaze situation! Can we talk?
Since I’ve lured you with the smell of sizzling salty bacon, I’d like to share three incredibly significant boring things that happened to me yesterday:
1. Two five-year-old girls (separately) complimented my new leopard ankle boots. I think this might mean I’m a trendsetter. OR it just means that these little girls want shoes that look like their fav stuffed animal. Either way, I’ll take it.
2. I had TWO dinners. Yes, last night I sat down to a 7-course tasting menu to only then find out that was the appetizer. Hello!!! Amazing!! I’ll tell you all about it on Monday, but in case you’re even nosier than me, keep up with my Sonoma food and wine thrills on FB & Twitter.
P.S. If you’re lucky, I might post a pic of me voming on the scheduled helicopter ride. (Can we say….schmexy!!!)
3. I packed a few biscuits in my bag to the airport. And since I’m a loser and always try and get away with bringing stuff I shouldn’t (read: hair spray), I always have to show the security dude the guts of my suitcase. It always feels violating. Always.
Is he judging my folding techniques? Are my bras and underwearz gonna fall out onto the floor for the world to see? Terrible! Embarrassing! Also, kinda gross. Seriously. That floor’s disgusting.